Buying a house can be one of the most exciting times of your lives… and unfortunately stressful, as well. Our buying tips can help alleviate problems that you may encounter in the process:
Most likely, you’ll need someone who can help you with the buying process:
- You need someone who knows your needs, someone you can trust...
- A real estate agent can help you through the process.
- And it’s important to you, as the buyer, to know that this service is usually free of cost.
- Agents make their money from commissions on the sale price of a house – which is usually paid by the seller.
Before you start looking for a new home, determine your needs.
- What factors are important to you?
- House size? Location? Work Commute? Educational System? Price?
- Determining these factors will reduce the time spent in the process and help your realtor to better target your needs.
Make sure that you look at enough houses in the process:
- The more you see, the more you’ll learn about what you like and want out of the home you choose.
- You will get a better feel for what’s out there, and what houses are actually worth.
Try not to fall in love with one specific house:
- There are many houses out there, and more entering the market everyday.
- Know your priorities, and with time you will find the best fit.
Be aware of all financial obligations:
- Costs involved in buying a house account for more than just the cost you agree to pay.
- In addition, research the different types of mortgages available; your real estate agent can assist you in both of these areas.
Before you make that offer…
- When pursuing a purchase as large as a house, it is important to know exactly what you are getting.
- Before making an offer, it is wise to receive a house inspection.
- An inspection can confirm the positive aspects of your home.
- In addition, it can point out repairs that may need done, and clarify what you may face as the future owner.
You’re ready to make the offer…
- Make sure you thoroughly research the price that you should offer – your real estate agent can be a great help with this decision.
- Remember that most houses do not sell for the asking price.
- Additionally, houses that have not sold may be more flexible with their price acceptance.